Thursday, November 17, 2005

What I Learned From My Trip

this is an audio post - click to play


I have seen people go on trips and then complain about what they didn't get, yet saw others including myself through communication acheive what we wanted.

For example:
When we arrived at the Caymen Islands, it was raining that day, it was still warm though.
When we went ashore, we were told that most of the tours had been canceled due to the rain. Several people moaned and went back to the ship, some went into the town and shopped.
However, the group I was with, we asked if we could create a new tour, we didn't mind the rain and we aquired rain ponchos.
The guide said sure, as long as we were willing. I had a great time.
We went to a place called Hell, Conche House, A Rum Factory, A Turtle Farm and more. Check out some of what we would have missed if we hadn't spoken up and communicated our desires.


Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands

Conch Shell House

Turtle Farm

Returning to the Ship

There is also communicating with yourself and I did that at Jamacia
I always wanted to ride a horse and one of the tours was horseback riding in the ocean and through the country. I told myself to go for it.
I had a great time. Sunburnt but a great time.


Landscape

Heading into the water

I also met and got to know some wonderful people and others that I met before, I was able to get to know them even better, through talking with them. When you know how to communicate it removes the fear of approaching people and you build lasting friendships with them.


Joe Vitale & Tom Beal
Also check out Joe Vitale's Blog and see the video of
What Happened on the Ship Halloween Night?!
at: http://www.drjoevitale.blogspot.com


Brad Fallon

Mike Filsaime

Oh, when we got back to Miami, I went to the Everglades, I was offered a tour of the Everglades before heading back to the airport. I said yes and even held on to an alligator.



Just remember that you miss all opportunities that you don't take.
Learn the communication skills, speak up and get to know people.
The rewards will amaze you.

*******************************
P.S. Are you asking,
"Why doesn't anyone understand me, if only they would just listen."
Then we can help you.
It helps you know why, when after you have said something, the other person totally misunderstands you.
"Grab a copy of:"
Overcoming Barriers to Communication, today, and relieve that stress!
********************************************

Check out todays Golden Falcon Recommends, "Need a Merchant Account You Can Afford?"at:Golden Falcon Recommends


Next week, find out if its your question that I answer.

All the Best!
Maria Boomhower
The Master Communicator
www.falconfreedom.com

1 Comments:

At 12:57 PM, Blogger dataminer said...

Hi Maria,
It seems you had a really good trip and great pics. I'm a big fan of your articles and love your positive energy. Just keep putting it out there as it's very infectous;-)

Dataminer Freebies

 

Post a Comment

<< Home